Monday, May 11, 2020

Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel 當文歷餅店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

My sweet lunch didn't just end with Lady M's Osmanthus Mille Crêpes. It turned out to be just the start for a very busy afternoon for my tummy. After finishing up my mille crepes, I moved onto my next destination, Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel (當文歷餅店) to see what they have in store for me.


They have this savory sandwich set which is made fresh to order ($118). Since I have yet to try their marshmallow hot chocolate, I thought it would be a good chance to kill two birds with one stone.


It didn't take long for the duo to arrive. I was still so hungry after the mille crepes.

Blossoming Hot Chocolate (棉花糖熱朱古力) and Silk Egg Katsu Sando (吉列滑蛋三文治)

Blossoming Hot Chocolate (棉花糖熱朱古力) - My server finally put the marshmallow chrysanthemum bloom on top of the piping hot chocolate once I signal ready (with my camera). This was indeed silky smooth and full of rich chocolate flavors but personally, I like the one from Artisan Lounge a little more.

Blossoming Hot Chocolate (棉花糖熱朱古力)

Silk Egg Katsu Sando (吉列滑蛋三文治) - Crispy pank-crusted fluffy steamed egg and XO mayonnaise on homemade Japanese milk bread.

Silk Egg Katsu Sando (吉列滑蛋三文治)

The steamed egg custard was pretty nice but I didn't get much of the XO mayo (if any).


And there it was, finally news about Dang Wen Li debuting their first batch of cronut (rose and jasmine) in Hong Kong! I know they said limited time only but I figure if it's an instant success, I don't see why they won't extend the offer until.....forever.






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop OT G63A, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 3-27 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2613-8618
Website: www.dangwenli.com
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think