Saturday, May 23, 2020

My Pappardelle with onion, mushroom and sausage

One of the things I heard a lot from my friends these days is the fact that everyone is turning into a Michelin-star caliber home chef. With the pandemic hitting us since late January, every family is practicing social distancing and needless to say, we are all eating home a lot more than we used to. From homemade barbecued pork, charred meat to desserts, every friend is sharing his or her success story on the social media so I thought it's time for me to get into the act.

It's been at least 5 years since I last cooked a meal (or a single dish). Of course I wanted this to be perfect so I went out shopping for some pappardelle for tonight's meal and got two "versions" from two different stores. This was supposed to be the better one. Let's hope I don't ruin it at the end.

Meet my pappardelle tossed with onion, mushroom and sausage. I know I'm biased but I thought my cream sauce was pretty nice. Just a bit of butter, olive oil, garlic and chopped onion; and it was perfect.

My Homemade pappardelle tossed with onion, mushroom and sausage

I have to admit, the pasta was slightly overcooked. The instructions on the box didn't indicate how long it would take to get the pasta ready so I searched it on the web. 8 to 10 minutes the "experts" said. I thought I was smart enough to use the lower limit of 8 minutes but that turned out to be a little too much time.



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think