Friday, May 1, 2020

Cafe Deco Pizzeria at Elements (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I'm going to keep this very brief since it wasn't a very good meal. But I thought I still need to write a few words about it. After all, it's my mom's lunar birthday. This dinner really came out of left field. I already had mom's birthday covered (and it's 4 weeks from now!) but early this morning, I got a message in one of my group chats from my sister wishing mom a very happy birthday. Then, I realized it's her birthday on the lunar calendar. In fact, mom said she will have three birthdays this year. How crazy is that!? It caught me totally off guard.

But I was going to have dinner at Elements Shopping Centre anyways so I called mom up and invited her to join us at Cafe Deco Pizzeria.


Roasted octopus ($125) - The Spanish-style roasted octopus was very tender with a little crunch but the Romesco sauce was way over the top. In fact, everyone decided to give up on it except yours truly who loves to eat spicy.


Chicken wings ($85) - The house spices were again a little heavy-handed but the biggest problem came from the sesame crumbs which was a bit too thick for me. 


Japanese free-range egg with smoked tuna belly pizza ($168) - This wasn't bad. My slice didn't have any smoked tuna belly on it but the sunny-side-up egg was pretty nice. I don't think I've ever had that on my pizza before.


Prawn linguine lobster cream ($172) - This was a no-brainer and for the most part, it got the job done. The tomato, fennel, asparagus and lobster cream worked fairly well with the linguine (which could be more al dente in my opinion).


Hickory BBQ pork ribs ($258) - This was probably the least successful dish of the night if you ask me. The BBQ sauce on top of the ribs was so gluey (in fact, a bit grose) which was why I never ordered this dish in my life (the birthday girl ordered it). I thought it ruined the ribs, 
cajun fries and grilled watermelon.


After the meal, little one wanted to have the ice-cream marshmallow from the Dolce 2/3 counter (which was sitting at the entrance of Cafe Deco) and he finally got his wish.


Obviously, it wasn't all that tasty judging by his facial expression.


For the price we paid, we certainly have much better choices within the mall.




Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2133, 2/F, Elements, 1 Austin Road West, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon
Tel: +852 2196-8099
Opening Hours: 11:30pm - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think