Friday, December 29, 2017

Le Pain Quotidien (Paris, FRANCE) ★★★☆☆

Jelloman is off to her shopping spree again and as a result for the next few hours, I will have my little nugget all to myself. It's already tough enough to keep the naughty boy occupied for a couple of hours and to add insult to injury, I got the freezing cold (and rainy) weather to deal with. Exciting, isn't it?



Instead of battling the cold weather outside, I decided to go in Le Pain Quotidien for a lengthy coffee break.



I'm quite familiar with this bakery-restaurant group from Brussels having tried their pastries and hot chocolate in Hong Kong first hand.



This is a very spacious bakery cafe they've got here in the heart of Saint Germain.



I have had enough sweet treats today, including a couple of two tartlets I just picked up from Des Gâteaux et du Pain next door. I think I only got stomach space for a small bowl soup and perhaps a croissant.



Their menu was in French so I had to call my server over to ask what the daily soup was. But he had no idea how to say it in English. That was so funny. At the end, the best description he could come up with was this - "something that tasted like pumpkin". That turned out to be butternut squash. Well, that's exactly what I needed. A bowl of warm butternut squash soup!



I was drooling all over this flaky croissant when I saw it from their counter so I decided to get one to go with my butternut squash soup.



Some steamed milk with almond. I was expecting a little richer almond flavors.



After sitting there for hours, there was still no sign of the shopaholic Jelloman. We were running out of things to entertain ourselves.



Perhaps some selfies.....?



Many thanks to this branch of Le Pain Quotidien for providing me a shelter to get through these tough couple of hours. I think I would never forget my dining experience here.


Price: €€€
Address: 25 Rue de Varenne, 75007 Paris, France
Closest Metro Station: Rue du Bac
Tel: +33 (0)1 4544-0210
Website: www.lepainquotidien.fr


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think