Saturday, March 19, 2016

Lady M Itaewon (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

I can't exactly remember the last patisserie to have the kind of success Lady M enjoyed since they first landed in Hong Kong. The New York based cake shop took Hong Kong by storm with their first opening in Harbour City late last year and continued to entice Hong Kongers with some of the best French pastries in town highlighted by their patented mille crêpes.

Of course, I wasn't going to leave Seoul without visiting one of the Lady M boutiques. There are currently 3 Lady M boutiques in the city and I heard it through the grapevines that they have some really unique flavors of mille crêpes which are not available anywhere else, including a tiramisu flavor.

Coming out of the Itaewon station (Exit 4), look what I found!?!



This branch occupies two stories with both regular and bar tables readily available.



They have this huge display window next to their cashier showcasing all their cakes. On top of the usual chocolate and green tea mille crêpes, they also carry flavors like strawberry, orange, tiramisu, marron and cookie cream. Three times more flavors than what we have in Hong Kong.




But I promised myself I would try their tiramisu mille crêpes first hand.



This is really rich and flavorful. Perhaps a little too much flavors for me.



Slightly better was the marron mille crêpes. The marron cream was nice and delicate. Still I like the Earl Grey flavor a lot better.



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 127 Itaewon 1(il)-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Itaewon
Tel: +82 02-792-7707
Website: www.ladymkorea.kr


1 comment:

Please tell us what you think