Friday, March 13, 2015

Passion by Gérard Dubois on Mody Road (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I was strolling in Central last week when I came across Passion by Gérard Dubois's new shop at Lyndhurst Tower. A quick look inside revealed that they have just launched a couple of new pastries that looked rather promising. 

Unfortunately, I was on my way to an important meeting and I guess it will be impolite to bring along some dessert without offering them to my meeting partners. So I ended up waiting another week. This time it was their Mody Road shop that I managed to find time to pay a quick visit. 



I knew exactly what I was looking for so I wasted no time asking for my server to wrap things up for me.

All for Red ($41), 5.5/10 
I thought "All for Red" refers to a football team slogan (Liverpool?) but in fact it is a mousse cake with a raspberry theme. 



The bright red cube was a collection of raspberry compote, cream, mousse and dacquoise. Fairly nice but the texture could have been a little more firm.



Earl grey and pear ($41), 6.5/10

Very lovely fragrance coming from the earl grey tea mousse which was coupled with chocolate and poached pear. I liked this one more.



 
The thing I like about Passion by Gérard Dubois is that they always come up with something new every 2-3 months. That was never the case for Paul LaFayet, Le Salon De Thé de Joël Robuchon and other pastry stores. No wonder it's slowly shooting up the ranks on my list.

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop A, G/F Lyton Building, 32 – 48 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui East
Tel: +852 2721-1866
Website: www.passionbygd.com


 
Hong Kong, Kowloon, cafe, deli, dessert, patisserie, French, pastry, cake

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think