Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ristorante Alla Rampa (Rome, ITALY) ★★★★☆

I can't believe it's been already 6 years since we last visited Rome. The city hasn't changed much except it looks a lot cleaner now.

We arrived at our hotel in the late afternoon after a short flight from Lisbon. After a quick shower, we decided to head out to the Spanish Steps, which was just steps away from our hotel.

While we were still contemplating our plans for dinner, look what we found - Ristorante Alla Rampa. We have been here for dinner 6 years ago!



Tucked away in a quiet corner near the Spanish Steps, the restaurant provides the perfect break from the hustle and bustle of the shopping district.




Ristorante Alla Rampa always has some of the best homemade pasta. Tonight, we decided to start things off with their homemade spaghetti tossed with shrimps and tomatoes.



Meat course turned out to be a little bit of a struggle. What should we pick between the roasted duck, escalopes with Calvados and ossobuco? 


I recalled having the roasted rabbit Tuscany style last time around and finally picked the roasted duck in an orange sauce as my meat course tonight. Love that orange zest to go with the duck meat.



For me, this was my main course - their signature "Lift me up". I don't think I will ever get bored with this dessert. Just perfect.



I won't wait another 6 years to come back to this restaurant for sure. I will be back for the "Lift me up" tomorrow!


Food Rating: 5/10
Price: €€
Address: Piazza Mignanelli, 18, Rome, Italy
Closest Metro Station: Spagna / Barberini
Tel: +39 06 6782621

Website: www.allarampa.it/home.php?language=English



View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think