For our last night in Osaka, I was hoping to have something special to end the trip on a high note. It didn’t have to be fancy, perhaps a hearty bowl of ramen would have done the trick for me. But in the end, we had buckwheat soba at Sobayoshi Shinsaibashi (そばよし 心斎橋店).
Anyone who knows me well knows for a fact that I don’t eat buckwheat soba noodles. Yes, I have them from time to time, but I simply don’t enjoy having them. I consider them a waste of stomach space when I could be having something more exciting. (And to be clear, I’m not saying soba noodles aren’t tasty. It’s just not my cup of tea.)
Apparently, little nugget felt the same way too, and he’s having prawn tempura and scrambled eggs at a soba restaurant! Way to go, kid!
.JPG)
As a bit of a protest, I am ordering this small bowl of soba noodles with a thin slice of bean curd. I was also hoping that I could sneak out after this meal for a second meal. That plan was just wishful thinking (which didn't materialize at the end).
![Sobayoshi Shinsaibashi そばよし 心齋橋店 [Osaka, JAPAN]: Last meal on this trip, simple soba noodle soup with bean curd Sobayoshi Shinsaibashi そばよし 心齋橋店 [Osaka, JAPAN]: Last meal on this trip, simple soba noodle soup with bean curd](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhJdzM8jmizusM8SrPmW6RESWkDUjoNsdkgOpJvp4nAIc5FetIkvtfylDrJ3Dk2DvT-pnm2Aba4PMIedim2OLxFGsUgaHRnC4aAq2-nJf0KdbUgSbFSTVYgWZvZ95DgboUsPaJcfYpVZHZ-syxHqj4zM4xli6lK4k-p-ccWMrTWZhZ53qmLI1gZz2ztBSM/w500-h375/IMG_4702_01%20(3).JPG)
Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ¥¥
Address: 3-8-11 Minamisenba, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 542-0081 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Shinsaibashi
Tel: +81 (0)6 6251-3933
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 3:30pm (Mon, Wed - Fri), 5:30pm - 9:30pm (Mon, Wed - Fri), 11:00am - 9:30pm (Sat - Sun)
Post a Comment
Please tell us what you think