Saturday, July 18, 2026

Seto Kiseki 瀬戸ノきせき (Takamatsu, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

Seto Kiseki (瀬戸ノきせき) wasn’t on our itinerary this afternoon, but we stumbled upon the shoyu (soy sauce based) ramen specialist while we were on our way to visit Shikoku Village (四國村). 


After a quick stop at Shikoku Village, it was already time for lunch so I figured I’d just add this place to our agenda. After all, we have yet to plan a lunch spot.


Sharing the same complex with Setouchi Golf Centre, Seto Kiseki is a family-run ramen place specializing in their soy sauce broth ramen. They have four versions of the soy sauce broth, each with a slightly different twist.


Fried rice (720 yen) — I love having Japanese-style fried rice at a ramen shop. It always comes with so much “wok hei” (鑊氣). 

While it didn’t have the same variety of ingredients especially meat comparing to a Chinese-style fried rice, it still hit the sweet spot with lots of diced onions and scrambled eggs to go alongside the shredded char siu. This was very very tasty (though slightly oily).


Niboshi Shoyu Ramen (煮干醬油拉麵) (900 yen) — 
This soy sauce broth was simmered with dried sardine, so it tasted almost like a fish soup. 


The sweet notes were really deep, so it wasn’t surprising that it left a nice lingering aftertaste.


The clear broth also worked beautifully with the thick noodles.


The bamboo shoot wasn’t bad.


The smoky char siu caught me a little by surprise too. The only downside: we only got one thin slice per bowl.


Eggs (味玉) were extra and I thought it was slightly overcooked so the egg yolk wasn’t runny enough.


After the meal, we were all given a complimentary ice pop. They were made with different fruit juices, and I had one with grapefruit juice. I could honestly say that it’s just perfect for a sizzling hot like today. Really thirst quenching.


That’s all the time we had for lunch. Now, time to buckle up cuz we have one last destination in Takamatsu Ritsurin Garden (栗林公園).




Food Rating: 6.3/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 2420-1 Yashima Nishimachi, Takamatsu, Kagawa, 761-0113, Japan
Closest Train Station: Katamoto
Tel: +81 (0)87-841-3818
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think