Monday, May 17, 2021

PHI Coffee & Pancake (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Last week, Jelloman told me about this upscale coffee shop in Mei Foo that serves Japanese soufflé pancakes. I normally have a very short memory for things Jelloman told me but with the words soufflé pancakes still ringing in my head, I decided to go to my physio a little earlier today to check this place out.



Upscale is the right word about the decor of this place - PHI Coffee & Pancake.


Iced matcha latte - I have about 2 hours to kill so why not a thirst-quenching drink before my pancakes?


I thought the matcha flavors were a bit too strong for me. I wonder how that bitterness would work with my newly arrived pancakes.


Original soufflé pancakes - These were very very disappointing.


The pancakes were fluffy and light; that's not unlike the typical Japanese soufflé pancakes but I thought the crust was a little too crispy and at times hard that it actually tasted more like one of these soufflé pancake muffins!


Considering their pancakes were what I came here for, it was certainly a disappointing experience.




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 91A, G/F, Mei Foo Sun Chuen, 69-119 Broadway Street, Mei Foo, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mei Foo
Tel: +852 2887-6728
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think