Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Ramen Cubism 立体派 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I was disappointed to find out that Ramen Cubism (立体派), one of my favorite Japanese ramen shops in Tsim Sha Tsui has closed down for good. But I guess the good news is that, they still have a branch in Wellington Street so I know I can still check out their handcrafted noodles and hearty broths whenever I want to.


Since I was passing by Central late this evening, I thought I should go slurp some delicious ramen noodles from Cubism's signature chicken soup.


It's my first time here at their Wellington branch but no problem for me as the entrance could be easily spotted in the alley between Wellington and Stanley Street.


I managed to arrive just before their closing time but surprisingly (on a Tuesday), there were still a handful of customers seen slurping away Cubism's handcrafted noodles.


Ramen Cubism's Premium Cubism white broth (Large: $118) - I'm getting celebrity Japanese Ramen Champion Hayashi Takao (林隆臣)'s signature "white broth" ramen served in its over-the-top oversized bowl.


This came with the usual soft-boiled egg, bamboo shoots and scallion served in their rich and creamy chicken soup. This was very tasty...


The char siu wasn't bad either. Yes, a little too much fat for a health conscious guy like me but I guess I could make one exception tonight and for tonight only.




Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Basement, Yuen Yick Building, 27-29 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2399-0811
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think