Thursday, September 17, 2020

Pound and Roll (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm back in Tsim Sha Tsui for my monthly meeting with my hair stylist tonight. I got there early and already had an idea on where to grab my dinner (ramen at Ramen Cubism) but it looks like I have to find another place now. It was sad to see this branch of Ramen Cubism (立体派) closed down so quickly. Still remember visiting them on their opening week not too long ago but I am guessing it got wiped out by the pandemic. 

With my first choice down, I went with my Plan B, Pound and Roll, a recently opened Asian inspired fusion restaurant at K11 Art Mall.

It's a casual eatery serving comfort food like salad, pasta and pancakes.

I was going to get myself an oyster linguine with pepper and lemongrass but this looked even more interesting.

XO sauce organic chicken fettuccine, fried bread slice, mushroom ($118) - Love the local twist in this fettuccine dish with slices of Youtiao (油条 or fried dough) and XO sauce.

I call this a Chinese style "Spaghetti Aglio e Olio", which is exactly what it is! Not bad, but I thought the youtiao wasn't working as well as I thought it would with the fettuccine.

I also got myself a glass of avocado milkshake. This was made with almond milk so it was a little lighter than most milkshakes (healthier too!).

Pound and Roll gives us another fine option when it comes to Asian fusion dining at K11, on top of another relatively new addition, Floom Floom.



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B104, B1/F, K11 Art Mall, 18 Hanoi Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3618-4683
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think