Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Aloy Mak Mak 亞萊嘜嘜 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Towards the end of 2017, there have been a number of new restaurants opening around Tsuen Wan. I got the chance to catch up with one of them, Aloy Mak Mak (亞萊嘜嘜) who is a Thai restaurant taking up the space previously occupied by Spaghetti House earlier this week.



I like the fact that they have these traditional Thai decorations hanging from the ceiling.



The restaurant is supposed to be pretty spacious but they pulled out so many extra tables and chairs during lunch hour that all of a sudden, the place was all jammed up.



They have a very reasonably priced lunch set menu here. All the sets go for $43-45 with a complimentary drink. Not bad in this day and age. I ended up dropping some extra cash on a Thai-style milk tea.



Stir-fried noodles with chicken - The portion was certainly very generous with lots of vegetables (kale, broccoli, cabbage and carrot among others) and chicken. I'd like it a little less soupy but for the price they're charging, I ain't going to complain much.



I thought the quality was slightly better than what's offered at a food court but I was getting some decent table service and a comfortable chair to sit on (which a food court couldn't offer me).

Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: $
Address: 2/F, Cheong Yiu Building, 163-174 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2377-0833
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think