Friday, May 8, 2015

Suave (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

"Suave", a word meaning sweet in French, is also the name of the first dessert spot I am hitting in Hongdae.



I had to climb up the hill a bit for this one but it's all worth it. Suave (슈아브) is pretty well known among the locals for their homemade pudding, macarons and caramels. But since I am not a fan of puddings or caramel sweets, I was only here for their macarons which like their pudding and candies, were also caramel themed.




I was pretty impressed with their lineup of caramel macarons. Some of the flavors, I have never thought would work with caramel at all, not in my wildest dreams so this was an eye opener for me. 



If you only have time for one macaron here, I strongly recommend you to get the bacon caramel macaron (₩2,400). Yes, you heard it right - bacon caramel macaron. There were real bacon bites in the caramel flavored shells. Very nice.



But if you're feeling a little less adventurous, the milk tea caramel macaron was a solid pick too. Very lovely milk tea flavor with a hint of caramel which was not too dominant at all.




Food Rating: 5.5/10 
Price: ₩₩
Address: 19 Wausan-ro 25-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station:
Hongik University
Tel:+82 2324-9884


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think