Thursday, September 14, 2023

Ten Noodle Shop Soy Street 十大碗粥麵專家 豉油街 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

My back has been acting up on me since our trip to Tokyo/Osaka but I was way too busy to have it checked out by my therapist. Until today, I finally got that chance. After receiving my back treatment, I decided to venture out to Soy Street (豉油街) for a quick lunch before heading back to work.



There were a couple of eateries on Soy Street which were on my radar including Ten Noodle Shop (十大碗粥麵專家), a second-generation wonton noodle shop which has been very popular among the locals.



Wonton noodle soup (雲吞麵) 
– I can smell the aromatic broth made with flounder fish (大地魚湯) from distance away.



The noodles which came with some really satisfying bite, meshed so well with the broth and shrimp roes (蝦籽).



The wonton was huge in size and had this nice 7:3 proportion of shrimp and fatty pork. It was tasty but of course not as delicious as the ones from Mak Man Kee (麥文記) whose full prawn wonton remains one of the best in the business thanks to its very firm and bouncy texture.


Rice noodle rolls filled with twisted cruller (招牌炸兩) – I usually order this to go with my noodles. Their paper-thin rice flour rolls are some of the best in town. I thought the twisted cruller was reasonably good today too. A really nice match. 





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F, 66 Soy Street, Mongkok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok
Tel: +852 2833-6355
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 11:45pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think