Saturday, September 23, 2023

Mei Ki Heung Bakery 美其香餅家 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Little nugget and I have signed up for an activity to visit elderlies living alone this afternoon and we are bringing along some small gifts including mooncakes and pears which have been donated by a charity foundation. We were assigned to an area in Cheung Sha Wan and after meeting up there with other participating parents and kids, we slowly marched towards our destination together.  



I wasn't familiar with this neighborhood so it was fascinating to run into these old shops and cafes. One place that caught my eyes immediately was a local bakery called 
Mei Ki Heung Bakery (美其香餅家). There was a huge lineup queuing up for their mooncakes. When I tried to google this place up, I finally realized it was a longstanding neighborhood bakery founded in 1979 which has been very popular among the locals.  



As a fan of traditional mooncakes, of course, I had to get myself a few of these to celebrate mid-autumn festival next week. I didn't waste any time cutting open a couple of these to check out the lotus seed paste and yolks.



This looked delicate and velvety. I could see why they're so popular in this neighborhood.






Price: $$
Address: G/F, 27E Hing Wah Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Cheung Sha Wan
Tel: +852 2744-0929
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 7:30pm (Mon - Sat), 9:00am - 1:00pm (Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think