Thursday, September 7, 2023

Ceylon Parkes Street 錫蘭 白加士街 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I had an afternoon meeting in Jordan and by the time we were done, it was almost 6pm. I was still trying to catch my breath after a long day. A long day full of activities that I had to skip my lunch.

But there was still another 5 minutes before 6pm. Perhaps I could squeeze in an afternoon tea session just before dinner time? 

And suddenly there was this "Ceylon (錫蘭 )" sign looming from Parkes Street (白加士街) about a block from where I was standing. I think I can beat it out.....



A testament that I still got it. Bingo! I managed to slip into the restaurant just before 6pm where they would normally put away their afternoon tea menu.


The Ceylon milk tea, I thought, was pretty nice. It was creamy enough for me but if I want to be picky about it, a little bit more tea fragrance certainly won't hurt.  


Hong Kong Style Swiss chicken wings with noodles (瑞士雞翼撈丁) – This was where they lost me. 


The wings were fine but the noodles were way too soggy for me. And presentation-wise, it didn't pass even for a local cha chaan teng.


Afterwards, I took a slow and deliberate walk towards Kai Kai Desserts, one of my favorite Chinese dessert shop. But it was getting a little late and the shop was a little full so.....


There were things I didn't like about Ceylon tonight but from what I've seen from my neighbours, there were certainly some bright spots out there. So, I am looking at this as the kitchen having a bad day.




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 77-81 Parkes Street, Jordan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Jordan
Tel: +852 2560-2800
Opening Hours: 6:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think