Friday, September 22, 2023

Jervois Cafe Soy Street 蘇杭冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After an incredible journey exploring the vibrant food scene of Japan, I found myself  back home craving for the familiar flavors of our local cuisine. Not surprisingly, I have been longing for the hearty dishes of cha chaan tengs the most, and just the past two weeks alone, I have already visited three new places. Today, I'm making it four.


Jervois Cafe (蘇杭冰室), a local tea restaurant with a modern twist, has been on my radar for a while but since I have a long queue of restaurants to check out in Mongkok, it has taken a while for its turn.


The pantyhose milk tea wasn't bad. The tea flavors were rich with depth and fragrance. Don't mind having this again.


Stir-fried noodles with barbecued pork (乾炒叉燒一丁) – This came with a ton of char siu which was the good part. The bad part, well, stir-fried instant noodles tended to come with some wok hei (at least the ones I tried before) but this one was only served lukewarm and not really hot. 



This is not a one-and-done as the milk tea on its own deserves a second visit down the road.




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 9-10, G/F, The Concord Building, 60-104B Soy Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok
Tel: +852 2885-5108
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 12:00am daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think