Sunday, February 27, 2022

Passion by Gérard Dubois at Langham Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm still trying to let my "exile from home" sink in a bit but there was no time to rest. I have a mission to set up a temporary office at mom's house, not to mention getting some house supplies for the next couple of weeks. Sounds like mission impossible but such is life these days with the pandemic.

After finishing my shopping spree at the computer mall, I ventured over to Langham Place to get some stuff from the supermarket. It's been a while since I last visited Passion by Gérard Dubois, which used to be one of my favorites in town, so I went up to take a quick look.



For the impact of the pandemic, look no further than the counter right here! It used to be packed with a wide selection of pastries and bread but with the dining restrictions, they are obviously not making as many pastries and bread anymore. How sad!



I got ourselves some sweet treats for tonight.


Passion fruit Mont Blanc – Mom is a sucker for anything with chestnut so any type of Mont Blanc cake is right up her alley. I thought the passion fruit would be a weird match for the marron but obviously not, according to her highest. In fact, mom claimed the passion fruit was pretty "mild" and not as acidic as I originally feared.


Pineapple and Matcha – I had this cute little strawberry-shaped cake (but in yellow color) myself.


I have to admit, pineapple and matcha weren't exactly a match made in heaven. Didn't really think the flavors were working well together. Then again, perhaps it's just me not in a particularly good mood for the enjoyment of food at the moment.


When I am sitting around tonight, I start to realize what "home sweet home" is all about. When your home suddenly got taken away from you for whatever reason, that feeling of frustration and helplessness really stinks!






Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 11, Level 4 Langham Place Shopping Mall, 8 Argyle Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok
Tel: +852 2967-8812
Website: www.passionbygd.com
Opening Hours: 8:30am - 11:00pm (Mon - Fri), 8:30am - 11:30pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think