Saturday, February 5, 2022

Pierre Hermé IFC (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

One of the things I miss most during the pandemic is our annual trip to Europe. I particularly miss taking a slow walk along the trendy streets of Paris and 8th arrondissement. There are so much to see there from art galleries, cafes to boutiques and the list goes on.....  

Still remembered how we accidentally ran into L'Occitane x Pierre Hermé, a collaboration between the Picasso of Pastry and L'Occitane on our last trip to Paris. Since I haven't got anything from Pierre Hermé in recent memory, I thought I should swing by IFC for some of their delicious macarons. After all, I had a few coins to spend after attending a funeral early in the morning.


Believe it or not, I am a collector of Pierre Hermé's macaron boxes. I already have a few of them hidden in my drawer. I don't think I needed to be reminded of Les Champs-Élysées again. 


Unlike their outposts in France where you could actually get any number of macarons you like, here in Hong Kong they only offer their macarons in multiples of four.


I had trouble deciding which flavors to get. At the end of the day, I ended up sticking with some of my old favorites – Hazelnut & foie gras, Rose vanilla & clove, Salted-butter caramel and Pistachio praline.


Pistachio praline (Infiniment Praline Pistache) – My all-time favorite from Pierre Hermé. It never disappoints!


Somehow, Pierre Hermé always seems to taste a little better when we're in Paris. That's just how it works! Too bad it's going to be at least another year before we could consider a trip to the City of Light.




Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 2029 2/F, IFC, 1 Harbour View Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2833-5700
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 7:00pm (Mon - Thu), 10:30am - 7:30pm (Fri - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think