Saturday, December 5, 2020

Ramen House Konjiki Hototogisu 金色不如帰 IFC (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I have decided to go back to IFC's Ramen House Konjiki Hototogisu (金色不如帰) for dinner tonight because there was an unanswered question from my last meal. Were their other ramen noodles as good as the signature Shoyu Hamaguri (clam) soup ramen (貝汁醬油拉麵)? In other words, are they just a one-trick pony?


Tonkotsu Original Ramen (白豚骨拉麵) - There aren't that many choices on the menu so I just randomly picked one. Let's see if their pork bone broth is nearly as good.


The barbecued pork was pretty nice. No smoky flavors (so obviously, it didn't finish on the grill) but the layers of fat, just perfect! As usual, soft-boiled egg was extra.


Sadly, the tonkotsu broth was rather disappointing. Not much depth of flavors despite the nice brownish color.


My tonkotsu ramen certainly disappointed me but there was something else that cheered me up. Well, I spotted this when I was taking off from IFC - a Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel pop-up. Looks like it's opening in 2 weeks!





Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 3020, 3/F, IFC Mall, 1 Harbour View Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Hong Kong Station
Tel: +852 6333-8036
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think