Sunday, August 16, 2020

Future Bar by Green Common at K11 Musea (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

From Impossible Beef to Omnipork, I've been keeping a close eye on the development of our next-generation plant-based meat. But native Hongkongers should be no strangers to vegan meat. I, for one, grew up enjoying Chinese style "fake" meat made with soy thanks to my mom's love of vegetarian food.

However, ever since I saw a picture of slices of grilled Omnipork luncheon meat sitting on a bed of instant noodles at Green Common the other day, I couldn't get it off my mind. 

Maybe I should give it a go this afternoon and Jelloman tends to agree. This version that Future Bar by Green Common is offering, comes with Korean ramen, seaweed and kimchi. It looks pretty spicy to me.

Of course, my main focus was on the luncheon meat itself (not the ramen). I was curious of how the texture would fare comparing to real luncheon meat. 

...and sadly, there was no comparison. I thought my last experience with Impossible Burger gave me the grim reality that there's a bit of resemblance of real meat in the vegan-based patty (but not much) but Omnipork's effort to replicate the texture and flavor of real meat seems to be even more inferior. I could pretty much tell from my very first bite that this is just soy and a bunch of other stuff mixed together making me believe that it's real meat. 



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B201, B2/F, K11 Musea, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui / East Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2263-3153
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think