Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Doubleshot by Cupping Room (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

With typhoon Higos getting closer and closer to Hong Kong, I'm supposed to return home immediately after having lunch at Tenku RyuGin (天空龍吟) but after spending half a day of my annual leave on this, getting home safely isn't my top priority right now.

I need to maximize on my return and there are a couple of places in Soho where I would like to visit. The first one on my agenda was Doubleshot by Cupping Room, a cafe and cocktail bar on hilly Hollywood Road.

Up the stairs I went following the smell of roasted coffee.....

Doubleshot by Cupping Room is a coffee lover's haven created by Cupping Room, one of the city's top specialty coffee roastery. I wasn't expecting much of a crowd on this day, especially when a typhoon is coming but I was wrong. I ended up waiting about half an hour for my table.

This counter table offers a nice city view of Soho with Hollywood Road just underneath me.

Apart from their specialty coffee, Doubleshot is also offering a new all-day dining menu. Think Caesar salad, steak tartare, cheese burger and prawn pasta. Not bad but I wasn't craving for savory food at the moment.

I am starting things off with an iced Uji matcha latte, mainly to cool myself off after all the walking from Hong Kong Station.

But the main reason of my visit was this, their signature burnt cheesecake.

In fact, this was touted as the best Basque cheesecake in Hong Kong and the closest thing to the original burnt cheesecake from "La Viña" in San Sebastien. Having tasted it myself, I can now confirm that it's really creamy and rich with some lovely smoky notes. 

I could only wish that I had more time to enjoy these but with rain starting to pour heavily from the sky, it was time for me to wrap things up quickly and retreat home. 


My Me Time cut short by a typhoon! I can't believe my bad luck!




Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 1/F, Hilltop Plaza, 49 Hollywood Road, Soho, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central / Hong Kong 
Tel: +852 9225-6639
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm (Sun - Wed), 11:00am - 11:00pm (Thu - Sat)


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think