Wednesday, December 12, 2018

La Patisserie des Idees (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

From time to time, we all come across these nice stories about somebody chasing their dreams by opening their own coffee place or cake shop somewhere in the city. La Patisserie des Idees is another one of those feel-good stories about a young man chasing his dream after spending time in France and Japan to learn all about the art of pastry making. And now, he's got his own shop at D2 Place in Lai Chi Kok. I've been here more than a couple of times already and I think his creations are really up to hotel patisserie caliber.



Christmas is just around the corner so every shop around town is dressing in red and white these days. La Patisserie des Idees is no exception.



They also have this Christmas themed wild berries mousse cake ready for the festive season.



Sakura - But there's still more than a week before Christmas so I'm not going to jump the gun yet. Instead, I decide to check out this cherry blossom and strawberry themed dome cake. 



This is composed of cherry blossom mousse, strawberry compote, Hokkaido red beans and Uji matcha sponge cake. I think most people would find it more on the sweet side but for me, it's just about right. I have a soft spot for anything with Japanese matcha and red beans so it's right up my alley as well, although I probably won't mind a bit more acidity from the strawberry compote to match the sweetness of the different ingredients (After all, that's why it's there, right?)



It almost had me thinking I was in Tokyo (having dessert). You won't find this quality anywhere else in West Kowloon.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 224, 2/F, D2 Place One, 9 Cheung Yee Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 9282-6827
Website: www.lapatisseriedesidees.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think