Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Triple O's Pacific Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

The recent opening of Shake Shack at Pacific Place has made people forget about this burger joint from good old Canada that was once the first burger chain to introduce American style burgers with high-quality Angus beef to Hong Kongers.



I was feeling a little nostalgic today so I thought I should drop by Triple O's to check out what they've got. Turned out they were doing a promotion on their new pork katsu burgers. Many burger joints have tackled the hybrid of burger and Japanese tonkatsu (Japanese style deep-fried pork cutlets) before but most came away without success. Needless to say, I wasn't really optimistic about this.

And I was right. The deep-fried pork cutlet was really dry and rubbery. There was also way too much acidity in the pickled carrot and cabbage slaw that even the rich tonkatsu sauce failed to cope with. In short, it was nothing short of a disaster. 



If everything fails, I knew I could still count on their rich and creamy milkshakes. That's the only bright spot out of this lunch for me.



There was a small drama coming out of this lunch as well. When the server/cleaning lady brought my burger and milkshake over, I spotted the missing straw so I politely told her to give me a straw. But much to my displeasure, she gave me this weird look before telling me to go to the counter myself and get my straw from her colleagues. Now, that's a bit of a joke. I know they were all assigned with various tasks to handle and putting the straw on the tray might just not be her responsibility. In other words, her colleagues dropped the ball, which was not her fault. But working in the F&B industry as a front line staff, you gotta do better than this. Just putting food on customer's table and cleaning up the trash ain't good enough anymore. You've got to go the extra mile (or at the very least metre), especially when you're dealing with a solo diner like me. To venture all the way to the counter for a straw, should I also bring my backpack and tray of food with me? But then again, she probably had no desire to be anything more than an average cleaning lady so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised?




Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Unit 009, Level LG1, Great Food Hall, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 2581-1887
Website: www.tripleos.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think