Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Plat du Jour Pacific Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's another busy day but I'm going to enjoy this one although 45 minutes are all I can afford. 



I decided to give Plat du Jour at Pacific Place another chance. My first two experiences here weren't exactly very satisfying so I wasn't beating down their door for a third visit.



As a solo diner today, I guess I won't mind sitting at the bar table.



Because I could use the additional space to my advantage (to catch a live Canucks game).



I must say, the 2-course and 3-course set menu are looking much better than the one I got last time.

Plat du Jour, Pacific Place - Lunch menu

Home-cured pastis salmon - This came with a pool of watercress crème fraîche in the middle along with pickled beetroot, grapefruit and a small fennel salad.



I really like the texture of the cured salmon which was nicely complemented by the creamy watercress crème fraîche. I thought the nice acidity from the beetroot and grapefruit was a lovely touch.



Pan-fried sea trout fillet - Another fish dish? You bet. I did this intentionally to boost my intake of Omega-III. 



They did a real good job pan-frying the sea trout fillet (unlike the salmon fillet from Glasshouse last Sunday) and pairing it with fregola, semi-dried tomatoes and pistou sauce was a relatively safe bet. The only thing I wasn't head over heels about was the merguez, the spicy sausages of North African origin (made with lamb?).



Classic crème brûlée - I didn't realize it only took me half an hour to finish the first two courses so I guess I'll have enough time for dessert. It's been a while since I last had a classic creme brulee so it was only fitting that I got it from an authentic French bistro like Plat du Jour. This was really old-school with the caramel glaze and sablé biscuit. I love old-school stuff.



It's probably the first time that I found myself enjoying the food here. Let's hope they keep it up for my next visit.


Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 007, LG1/F, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 2715-0511
Website: www.platdujourhk.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think