Friday, December 23, 2016

Amaroni's Little Italy (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After closing for nearly two months, Amaroni's Little Italy finally re-opened for business before Christmas showing off the results of its recent facelift.



Gone was the rustic Italian décor from the 1930's and in comes this modern but quaint design which was drawing mixed reviews from us throughout the night.



It looks like that the interior wasn't the only change around here. Its food menu also got a facelift with a totally different theme. From the signs on the wall to the front cover of the menu, they kept reminding us that they are now a "New York Italian Restaurant". So is it safe to expect some “red sauce Italian” dishes tonight? I'm eager to find out.

First of all, my apologies for the poor quality of the food photos here. I managed to forget about my camera tonight and that combined with the poor lighting in the restaurant..... 



I'm happy to report that they still have a pretty good calamari. Much smaller portion though.



The "Scarpiella" family style whole roasted chicken was surprisingly tender. Unlike what the menu has indicated, it was not spicy at all.



I was caught a little surprised when I saw chocolate and strawberry milkshakes in the drink menu. It's pretty rare to find these at an Italian restaurant but I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised since it's now a "New York Italian restaurant", right!?



I like the way they have trimmed down the food menu and removed some of the items that weren't working very well while keeping those who have been popular for the past decade. Looks like this place is temporarily out of my doghouse (but under close monitoring).

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 32, LG1, Festival Walk, 80 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Tong
Tel: +852 2265-8818
Website: Link


 

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think