Saturday, December 17, 2016

Dalloyau Le Café (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After spending a couple of hours walking around Harbour City, I finally got my Christmas shopping list done. Time to go home? Well, it's been a while since I last went to check out Dalloyau Le Café so I better go there to get a little treat for myself.

Dalloyau - Almond meringue, praline cream and crushed caramelized hazelnut. It has all my favorite ingredients in a dessert - almond, meringue, praline and caramel. This was pretty decent but nowhere near what it used to be when the patisserie first opened its door a few years ago.



Black truffle mille-feuille - Caramelized puff patisserie, black truffle, caraibe chocolate light cream and carupano ganache. I thought the combination of black truffle and chocolate would come through nicely but it didn't. Instead, both flavors tried too hard to dominate each other while they should pretty much be complementing one another. This one wasn't working for me.



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 3220, Level 3, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3185-8330
Website: www.dalloyau.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think