Monday, March 21, 2016

Frank's (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

Now that Itaewon has just successfully surpassed Hongdae as my favorite dessert spot north of the river, I decided to dig a little deeper in the area. After stopping by Maillet (마얘) earlier, Frank's is next on the agenda.



It's very easy to get lost in the labyrinth of little streets of Itaewon but once I got familiar with it, I started to love this place. And look what I found behind all those pot plants and vines!




Frank's rainbow roll cake and sliced cake are both house specialties here. They are available twice a day (12:30 and 16:30) and most often than not, are sold out within 15 to 30 minutes. Don't get fooled by the bright and vibrant colors of these cakes. They are actually made with 100% natural colors while matched with a silky smooth Earl Grey custard crème filling.



When I finally managed to find Frank's, it was already 3:30pm and not surprisingly, everything was sold out except a couple of items including this blueberry cheesecake. Instead of waiting an extra hour, I figured I should just settle for this.

I thought it was a pretty delicate piece of cake they've got here. Love the blueberry compote in the middle. It works pretty well with what I believe was white chocolate on the outside.  



Like I said, Frank's isn't the easiest of all places to find in Itaewon. If you're trying to look this place up on Google Map, look for Hoenamu-ro 13ga-gil, which can be reached from Itaewon's main road Hoenamu-ro by going down this stairway. Should you happen to have spare time, check this neighborhood out and you will find all sorts of interesting small cafés like Caroncaron Macaron Atelier, by 92 and ÉCLAIR by garuharu.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 258-228 Itaewon(2)-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Noksapyeong / Itaewon
Tel: +82 70-8156-5459
Website: www.facebook.com/paindefrank


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think