Friday, June 5, 2015

Petite Amanda (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's been a while since I last checked out Petite Amanda at the IFC and I was a little curious when I passed their counter this afternoon. Is there something new that I might like here? Let's find out.



These are probably not something new. But since I haven't tried their pastries for a long time, they are definitely new to me then! 

Yuzu cheesecake - cream cheese dome with yuzu and blackcurrant in the middle. I like the balance of acidity and the crumble working well with the cream cheese as a whole. Not bad.



Caprice - dark chocolate sponge with Guanaja 70% chocolate mousse. There was supposed to be a hint of passion fruit somewhere in there but it was nowhere to be found. This one's not working for me.



Petite Amanda has always got some of the best cronuts in the city. OK, croissant doughnut they called them. Last time I checked, they only have 3 different flavors (original, chocolate and raspberry) but this time around, they've added this salted caramel flavor to their repertoire. This was very very good. Very flaky and I love that nutty surface on top. 




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2096 on Podium level 2 IFC mall, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Hong Kong 
Tel:+852 2234-7222  
Website: www.petiteamanda.com



View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think