Saturday, June 27, 2015

La Station (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Yesterday I saw some pictures of La Station, a new coffee shop on Queen's Road East on a friend's Facebook and the place (and its coffee) simply looked amazing. So instead of drooling over those pictures, I decided to drop by for a quick coffee before work this morning.

After some online research, I finally realized that La Station is the first flagship coffee shop from the folks behind Confectioner Paul Lafayet. They are dipping into the coffee business just for the love of coffee.



I love the train station theme here. Felt a lot like we are really inside a terminal somewhere in Europe. And when you look up, there's this "arrival and departure board" but instead of arrival and departure time, you see all the different drinks and corresponding prices. Very neatly done! 

 

Of course, it doesn't hurt to have the winner of the recent Hong Kong Grand Barista Championship on hand to man the coffee counter too. Despite not being a coffee fan, I thought I ought to try one of their drinks out and a simple iced latte seemed like the obvious choice for me.

This was pretty good stuff. Managed to wake me up in time for the morning meeting! 



It was a little earlier for dessert so I took a pass on the lemon tarts and the rest of sweet stuff much to the dismay of my sweet tooth and just went with a croissant with mixed grains and nuts. This was quite nice too, not as buttery or flaky as most croissants. My dietitian should be happy with that.




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 247 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2868-2100
Website: https://www.facebook.com/LaStationCoffee


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think