Saturday, June 27, 2015

Goobne (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I was getting a little tired of Korean fried chicken this week. Had way too many of those back in Seoul last month and later when we came back to Hong Kong. I needed a lighter version with a lot less oil to stay healthy and that was when I ran into Goobne.



Goobne is a Korean chain that has been quite popular back home and this branch at the Hart was their first shop in Hong Kong.



Goobne takes pride as a Korean restaurant that specializes in oven roasted chicken. They offer 8 different flavors including Sichuan, black pepper, BBQ hot and the Goobne Original ($148) is supposed to be their best seller.



I was a little less adventurous today so I went with the Goobne Original to go. Wow, look at that nice packing. That was very neat but I wasn't particularly happy with them charging me $15 extra for it.



Well, it was a lot less oily than the typical Korean fried chicken. That's for sure. Nothing wrong to be eating healthy and the texture of the meat was pretty tender as well. The only knock was the flavors, not as strong as one would expect for any Korean chicken. That was slightly disappointing.




Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: 2/F, 4 Hart Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui / East Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2311-0001 


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think