Saturday, June 27, 2015

Passion by Gérard Dubois on Mody Road (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

It's been a while since I last visited my favorite pastry shop in town so I was eager to find out what's new at Passion this weekend.



It was around 2:30pm in the afternoon and the place was packed with French food lovers as usual. Of course the crowd didn't stop me from wiggling my way to the counter and checked out the "goods".



And I ended up choosing these two gems.



Vanilla and Lemon - it had to be at least the fourth or fifth time I am having this. Still love the contrast between the vanilla and lemon.



The texture was absolutely perfect and the combination of vanilla mousse and lemon cream was so sinfully delicious!



Jasmine and cassis - one of the latest creations here. Didn't expect such good results having jasmine tea and cassis together. The cassis flavor was very refreshing but yet not too overpowering for the jasmine tea. Very nice.



Passion is a place I could always count on for exquisite French pastries and more. Would most definitely come back in the not-so-distant future.

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop A, G/F Lyton Building, 32 – 48 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui East
Tel: +852 2721-1866
Website: www.passionbygd.com


 
Hong Kong, Kowloon, cafe, deli, dessert, patisserie, French, pastry, cake

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think