Saturday, June 27, 2015

Brick Lane (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

When Brick Lane first opened on Blenheim Avenue back in June 2011, it already created a few buzz around the city. As one of the grand daddy of all-day breakfast in Hong Kong, the restaurant also specializes in other hearty British dishes including egg benedicts and fish n chips. But as someone who's not particularly into all-day breakfast, I must confess I've only been here a couple of times and as I recalled, I went with their pasta on both occasions. So my apologies for not being able to comment on their breakfast I am afraid. 



This was one of the few times that I found myself in TST during breakfast hour and I decided to come in here for a quick peek. But as soon as I sat down, the place quickly filled out and by the time I started enjoying my food, there were already more than a dozen customers waiting outside under the heat. So I was feeling pretty good about arriving early.


 
Back to my breakfast for a moment. I ended up passing on their all-day breakfast and egg benedict once again (sorry). And no pasta for me this time although the mushroom angel hair with truffle cream sauce did look tempting to me. This time, it was their fish n chips getting the call.



I thought the crispy beer batter was seriously good. The sole fillet was OK. I still can't find a place in Hong Kong with a killer fish n chips which is kinda disappointing. If anybody knows, please leave me a message.


Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 2 Blenheim Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui East
Tel: +852 2736-8893
Website: www.bricklane.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think