Sunday, September 25, 2011

Shinki Soba Kichijōji 真希蕎麥麵 吉祥寺店 (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

It’s our first-ever visit to Kichijoji (吉祥寺), one of Musashino’s top-ranked, fashion-forward neighborhoods in Tokyo. We didn’t know much about the area beforehand, so I asked a couple of friends to suggest a lunch spot for us. Shinki Soba (真希蕎麥麵) came very high on the list.


Shinki Soba is a popular Japanese casual dining and izakaya chain, best known for its uniquely thick, flat-cut soba noodles.


I thought my soba noodle soup made with buckwheat noodles was pretty tasty. It also came with a couple of pieces of karaage chicken. But I’m no expert in soba, so I wasn’t going to pretend to be one.


I’d heard that Inokashira Park (井の頭恩賜公園)’s swan boats are a must, but we just didn’t have the time to fit them in.


Nakamichi-dori is most definitely the top pick for shopping in Kichijoji. It was bustling and lively in the best way.


That was all the time we had for trendy Kichijoji. Time to head back to Tokyo, since we’ve got a highly anticipated dinner waiting for us in a couple of hours.




Food Rating: 5.6/10
Price: ¥¥
Address: 1-11-2 Kichijōji, Musashino-ku, Tokyo 180-0003 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Kichijōji
Tel: +81 422-79-1455
Website: http://www.shinki-soba.com/
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 1:30am (Mon - Sat), 11:00am - 11:00pm (Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think