Sunday, November 23, 2008

Signature (TOKYO, Japan) ★★★☆☆

The reason why I picked Signature over a bunch of other restaurants was mainly because it's a MO restaurant. MO always gets it right when it comes to fine dining and it's so often the case in all the MOs from around the world.



This is a Sunday so there's a lot of family gathering held here.



I thought the amuse bouche caught me by surprise. A very nice thoughtful combination of nibbles there.


 

Our starters were encouraging too. I particularly liked my chestnut velouté which was silky smooth.


 

Main courses provided very little surprise for us though, especially the fish courses.


 


I was hoping to see some marron in our dessert since it's almost season now but instead we got some chocolate and fruit.


 


Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Tokyo 38/F, Nihonbashimuromachi, Tokyo, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Shinnihonbashi
Tel: +81 (3) 3270 8188
Website: www.mandarinoriental.com/tokyo/fine-dining/signature


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think