Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pierre Gagnaire Pains et Gateaux (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

Having stayed at the Intercontinental ANA Tokyo so many times from my business trips, I've really learned a lot about this hotel and the neighboring area. Despite the fact that the hotel rooms are in desperate need of a facelift, I must admit I have always got fond memories of this place. Adding to the fabulous experience is Pierre Gagnaire Pains et Gateaux on the first floor of the hotel where I have spent countless mornings eating their danish pastries and bread (before rushing to my meetings). 



Yes, they've got some of the best danish pastries and bread in the neighborhood and I am already counting the rest of Roppongi including the Tokyo Midtown.



They've always got a pretty wide selection of pastries, some with Japanese inspiration such as this strawberry shortcake and another one called Mount Fuji, which is a taro cake. 



La Panthère Rose (600 yen) - One of the few pastries that I have never tried before. The strawberry and mascarpone mousse were both silky smooth and nicely done. 



There was a bit of strawberry compote in the middle providing some acidity. All in all, very impressive work by the pastry chef. Outstanding job!







Food Rating: 7/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: ANA InterContinental Tokyo, 1-12-33, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Tameike-sanno
Tel: +81 (0)3-3505-1185
Website: www.anaintercontinental-tokyo.jp/pierre_gagnaire/pains_et_gateaux/index.html



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think