Monday, November 2, 2015

HARBS ハーブス (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

Ever since I fell in love with multi-layered crepe cakes (mille crêpes, which translates to “thousand crêpe cake” from French) a few years ago, I've been on the lookout for some of the finest in the business, especially in Asia. I have been very impressive with Lady M's version and same can be said for Billy Angel Cake & Company's in Seoul but where's the love from Japan, the city of heavenly pastries?

Well, I did manage to find one place with mille crêpes in Tokyo on this trip - HARBS. HARBS is a dessert café with 20+ branches spread over all the major cities including Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe and of course Tokyo. They've been around for 30+ years and still going strong with recent openings in New York (2014).



Their slogan is a very good one - "cakes that can fill your heart with happiness.". What a coincidence! I'm looking for something that will make my heart sing!



This is what I am going after - their mille crêpes (780 yen) with mixed fruits in the middle.



Hm...I thought this is decent but it doesn't taste much like a multi layered crepe cake. As mom (a mille crêpes expert) described, it was more like a cake with crepes on top and bottom and then a really big fruit salad (with melon, banana and strawberry) in the middle.



We went on to check out the Imperial Palace after our sweet treat but only to find out that it's a maintenance day today!!! Should have checked before I come.....








Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: 3/F, Marunouchi Building 2-4-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Tokyo Station
Tel: +81 3-6269-9595
Website: www.harbs.co.jp/harbs/eng_top.html



 

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think