Monday, February 13, 2023

Ask For Alonzo Star Street (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

With many of our big bosses away for Chinese New Year holidays, we had a run of two to three weeks without a big meeting in our agenda but that was slated to change in the upcoming weeks. Two meetings today and a job interview to chair tomorrow, that's going to be a lot of fun.

But I wasn't going to complain about it cuz at least I have myself sufficient time for a decent lunch this afternoon.



Today's lunch takes place at the recently opened Ask For Alonzo on Star Street, who just took over the space that I thought used to be Classified (I could be wrong) at the corner of Star Street and Sun Street. Personally, I am a huge fan of Ask For Alonzo's hearty breakfast as well as signature tiramisu. But pasta and pizza!? Let's find out.



Set lunch here starts from $148, which is not a bad deal at all.



Sweet corn soup – Not a sweet corn velouté as I first anticipated. This came with some saut
éed mushrooms and fresh chives. Not a bad start. 



Spaghetti carbonara 
– I can't stress enough how hard it is to find an authentic spaghetti carbonara in Hong Kong these days.



I thought the spaghetti was perfectly cooked with great texture. The sauce was bursting with exciting flavors from the egg yolk and cheese, and the crispy pancetta provided some additional depth of flavor and texture. But there was one problem and a really big one here. The dish was super salty! In fact, the flavors were so strong that I had to keep drinking a ton of water throughout the afternoon to get that saltiness away.



After finishing up my pasta, I was struggling to decide whether to take on a slice of tiramisu. That was what I came here for in the first place, right? Well, but since I've been coughing so badly for the past week, I knew what to do next. So, I reluctantly said no to dessert and settled the bill.





Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B, G/F, 8 Star Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 6500-8405
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:00pm (Mon - Fri), 10:00am - 10:00pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think