Sunday, October 22, 2023

碼頭見潮汕小海鮮 领展中心城店 (Shenzhen, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Little nugget is off to a playhouse at Link CentralWalk (领展中心城) just before dinner time so it's happy time for everyone concerned cuz we all get some free time to walk around the mall. Just when I thought I could enjoy the next hour all for myself, I got a text message from Jelloman giving me a secret mission to find our dinner venue for tonite. 

So, I circled around Link CentralWalk and managed to find this Chiu Chow restaurant by the name of 碼頭見潮汕小海鮮 领展中心城店.



When I dig a little deeper into the background of this restaurant, I realize that it's a newly opened branch of a Michelin recommended seafood restaurant according to a number of unconfirmed sources (from the Guangdong guide?). 


This is a place famous for its fresh seafood and they have these small stalls at the back for diners to handpick their own seafood or dishes freshly made from the open kitchen (like a food court!). But yours truly got a little tied up elsewhere, and by the time I arrived, somebody else already made the decision to order ahead of time (Oh no!)....... 😟😟😟


Deep-fried tofu (椒鹽豆腐) – A little chewy rather than crispy on the outside. The seasoning was totally missing from action.


Baked pork ribs with spring vegetables (排骨春菜煲) – I like to stay healthy with a lot of veggies at dinner time. Not bad.



Stir-fried noodles (潮式炒麵??) – I forgot to jot down the name of the dish but it tasted disappointingly similar to a noodle dish our helper always made for us at home. And the worst part of all, it's one that I absolutely would like to avoid at all cost. Not good.


Scallion pancake (蔥油餅) – The price of $18 was certainly very attractive. 


Chiu Chow oyster and seafood porridge (海鮮蠔仔粥) – Up until this point, we have yet to enjoy any seafood and this is a place that's touted for its seafood and Chiu Chow dishes. 

And just when I was raising my eyebrows, the oyster and seafood porridge finally arrived!


I tried to salvage our night by ordering a few famous Chiu Chow dishes including the Chiu Chow marinated goose but a number of these signature dishes were already sold out at 7pm.....

Chiu Chow oyster omelette (香煎蠔仔烙) – I did manage to order one of my favorite Chiu Chow dish, the oyster omelette. This was so yummy with the centre of gluey oysters perfectly sandwiched between the crispy crusts. Very very nice. 


Deep-fried handmade shrimp dumpling (手工蝦棗) – A little oily but the shrimp dumpling was so velvety with the delicate shrimp mousse nicely coated by the crispy batter.


It was a shame that we didn't get to try more seafood and/or Chiu Chow dishes. By the time we tried to look for some desserts, it was almost 8pm already; time to get on our horse cuz our train's leaving in 30 minutes. 




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: ¥¥
Address: Shop 008A G/F, 3 Fuhua Road 1st, Futian, Shenzhen, China
福华一路领展中心城G层008A铺
Closest Metro Station: Convention & Exhibition Center station (會展中心)
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 2:00pm, 5:00pm - 9:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think