Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Amai No Dessert 甘の季節 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Despite the recent news on the city's slowing F&B industry, restaurants and cafes on certain parts of the city remain impossible to get in. This include the local Chinese dessert shops on Hart Avenue in Tsim Sha Tsui that always seem to draw a huge crowd. For the past month, I've been trying to find other sweet options in the area and was quite happy to come across a place on Humphreys Road (堪富利士道) by the name of Amai No Dessert (甘の季節).



I remembered walking past this place a few times before when it was still a Korean influenced cake shop.



Now, it's been transformed into cozy little dessert shop selling traditional Chinese desserts.



Water chestnut sweet soup with longan (龍眼馬蹄沙) 
 I love chilled water chestnut sweet soup especially during the dog days of summer. This is so refreshing and I like what longan brings to the table, with its sweetness and slight musky undertone.


For $12 more (I think I got this right), I got an additional order of sweet dumpling served in ginger soup.


I like the thin wrapper and the black sesame paste just oozed out like lava from a volcano. Very nice.






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 6A Humphreys Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 5419-0634
Opening Hours: 3:00pm - 12:00am daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think