Monday, July 29, 2019

The Pawn (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It’s been a while since I last visited Restaurant Akrame for lunch so the game plan was to have a quick lunch over there but leaving office late forced me to switch to Plan B. The Pawn.



Chilled pumpkin soup - My server had to make sure that I knew the soup was served cold. I told him on a hot summer day like this, the cooler the better!



The pumpkin soup was really soothing to my palate. I like the creme fraiche there for some lovely acidity while the pumpkin tartare (underneath the soup) and chips provided a bit of different texture for the silky smooth soup. Solid start.



Pan-seared salmon fillet - This was a little more oily than what I have expected but pretty tasty nevertheless. It was served with peas and bacon, mashed potato and a pommery cream sauce.



This made it three in a roll that they've delivered a solid meal for yours truly. I have no problem coming back again soon.

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 2/F, 62 Johnston Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2866-3444
Website: www.thepawn.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think