Saturday, July 13, 2019

Duo Patisserie (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm spending some quality time with my family this weekend including some father-and-son bonding activities this afternoon (indoor cycling in Kwun Tong!). As soon as we finished up our cycling lesson, I decided to take an hour's break to catch some me time.



Located in the little-known Aegean Place between Kwun Tong and Ngau Tau Kok, Duo Patisserie is a French-style pastry shop caught in a wrong neighborhood but it's been getting some attention on the social media network. So, I thought it's worth checking out while I was in the area. 



But sadly, only three choices available (chocolate truffle cake, caramel coffee cake and cheese baileys cake). I know, it's a Saturday.



Cheese and Baileys ($47) - I remembered seeing this on the social media so I am guessing it's a signature dessert or at least a popular item around here. The now-a-little-outdated mirror glaze was fun but I was more interested in what's inside.



I thought the texture was interesting. It was soft like marshmallow but there's no contrasting texture (nor flavor) in between the different layers so that was disappointing. When it comes to flavor, cream cheese and Baileys do look like an interesting match on paper but it ended up tasting more like a tiramisu (mascarpone and espresso).



Another thing I found odd was the venue. It was my first visit to Aegean Place and what I didn't know was that it's a fancy name for a food court. Most of the cafes here like Duo Patisserie share the same dining hall (as pictured below) and although I had no trouble sitting there enjoying my cake, it wasn't a pleasant enough place where I could sit all afternoon and chill out.



Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 5F4, G/F Hung To Centre, 94-96 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kwun Tong
Tel: +852 9381-2885
Website: www.facebook.com/duopatisserie.hk/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think