Tuesday, April 30, 2019

La Patisserie des Idees (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

It's been a while since I last visited La Patisserie des Idees, a neighbourhood French patisserie in Lai Chi Kok (and a very good one!) that has quietly become one of my favorites in town. Since I got off work a little early today, I thought I should venture over to see what new creations they have in store for me.



Obviously, I couldn't wait to check out their new cakes so I decided to visit their official website while I was on my way there. It turned out they've recently rolled out a number of new pastries, including a new Mont Blanc, a matcha cake and an interesting melon themed cake called Melon Rouge with Japanese melon mousse and melon cremeux. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.



Sakura - Sakura mousse, strawberry compote, Hokkaido red beans and matcha sponge cake. I had this when I was here last time and I just love the Japanese connection. But I'm giving it to mom since she's never had cherry blossom before.



It's very delicate according to mom. And the level of sweetness and acidity were pretty well balanced. I'm glad she likes it.



Matcha Infinite - Matcha mousse, matcha ganache, matcha sponge cake and chocolate crunch.




I didn't get my Melon Rouge so this was my second choice. It's a matcha lover's dream with various textures of matcha (mousse, ganache and sponge) meshing together beautifully.



My only complaint was that the chocolate crunch didn't really stand out the way it should. I'm sure with the additional crunchiness, this would've been nearly perfect.







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 224, 2/F, D2 Place One, 9 Cheung Yee Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 9282-6827
Website: www.lapatisseriedesidees.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think