Thursday, November 8, 2018

Peninsula Boutique (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's been ages since I last dropped by Peninsula Boutique for some sweet treats. So as soon as I got my hair done, I swing by the famed chocolate and pastry shop in Peninsula Hotel before they close at 7PM. Not surprisingly, they only had 5 pieces of cakes left after a very typical busy day.



Little Treasure Box ($70) - It's been a while since they last came out with a new creation so as expected, I jumped all over it.

The presentation of a green gift box with a golden gift wrap looked really cute. Under the layer of green glaze was a delectable combination of mint chocolate mousse and mint panna cotta. I asked my server what she thought of their newest creation and surprisingly, she said something like the flavors were really weird. Not exactly ringing endorsement, is it!? But I like honest opinion.



Having tried it myself, I do agree with the description of "weird flavors". The texture was wonderful but the mint chocolate flavors really didn't stand out well. In fact, Jelloman said she thought it tasted like her mouthwash. Yikes~  



Fraise Roulade ($55) - Our honest server told me it's one of their best sellers but all these years, I have never thought about bringing one home!

This was indeed pretty nice. Sandwiched between the soft and pillowy sponge cake were some really sweet and delicate strawberries. It's a very simple cake but sometimes the simplest one is the toughest to make perfect.



I missed my two favorite pastries here tonight, Sakura and Le Peninsula. A return trip is a must.


Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 7-9, The Peninsula Hong Kong, 19-21 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2920-2888
Website: www.peninsulaboutique.com/hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think