Saturday, November 10, 2018

Mon Kee Cafe 旺記冰室 Tsim Sha Tsui (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My little nugget is having his first-ever kindergarten interview this morning. I thought it was going to take all morning but surprisingly, five minutes were all it took to wrap up our short meeting. Since my little one did so well in his first interview, I decided to reward him with a late breakfast at Mon Kee Cafe (旺記冰室), one of the more popular modern cha chaan tian (tea restaurants) in Tsim Sha Tsui these days. It's my second visit since they opened doors few months ago and it's obviously gotten more crowded because of its commitment of using Japanese eggs exclusively in their dishes.



Macaroni with premium luncheon meat in rich tomato soup - Always a crowd pleasing breakfast dish. The tomato soup was really rich flavored working well with the macaroni. Definitely a soul-warming choice in the morning. 



Scrambled egg sandwich with luncheon meat, lettuce and peanut butter - I had my eyes on this one all the way because of its (weird) combination of ingredients.



This came with a fluffy Japanese-style scrambled eggs, luncheon meat and spring onion in the middle but what got me really curious about it was the butter that was used for the toast. It's peanut butter, ladies and gentlemen. That's pretty funky and I don't think I have had something like this before.

It was soooo good~ Peanut butter and scrambled egg didn't look like the perfect marriage made in heaven but they were also not the worst enemies. In fact, I thought the sweetness and rich nutty flavors of the peanut butter meshed well with the savory scrambled eggs.







Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F, Kowloon Centre, 29-39 Ashley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2617-2616


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think