Thursday, May 3, 2018

Shake Shack at IFC (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was wandering around Central following my annual body check this morning. Didn't feel like going back to work immediately so I decided to take the morning off and head over to IFC.



I have been itching to check out Shake Shack, the famous burger joint imported from New York City which has just opened in the IFC rooftop garden for 3 days. I got here at around 11AM (which is the opening time of the restaurant) but only to find around 60 people ahead of me. I guess some of us have really early lunch hours.



I was handed a copy of the menu as soon as I reached the top half of the queue. The only Shake Shack I've visited was the one at Dubai Airport so I won't say I knew their food menu inside out.



Turned out they only have 6 types of burgers and NO set. 



After waiting for an hour and a half, it was finally my turn! That took only 3 minutes and off I went to get myself a table at the rooftop garden. 



In the meantime, I've been keeping an eye on my beeper.....



It took a mere 10 minutes and my order was ready for pickup. This looked pretty promising.



SmokeShack (Double deck) ($84) - I went with their double-deck SmokeShack, a cheeseburger with all-natural smoked Niman Ranch bacon, chooped cherry pepper and Shack sauce. I would say the beef patty was better at Triple O but this was pretty decent (But at Triple O, I would have gotten myself a set at the same price).



Crinkle-cut fries ($27) - I got their regular fries in favor of their famous cheese fries. This really reminded me a lot of my high school cafeteria and their awful French fries back in Vancouver. Lots of salt (sprinkled on top) but yet so bland and tasteless. Since these fries do not come with a set, I would strongly recommend to skip it.



Milk tea shake ($42) - This was really what I came for, a decadent shake that's super thick and creamy. While flavors like caramel, peanut butter (Had it in Dubai, so good!) and, black and white (vanilla with chocolate) were so irresistible, there was no way I would leave without the Hong Kong exclusive Milk tea shake!

Reading from the menu, this is basically vanilla frozen custard blended with black tea. Very rich and creamy. Very nice. 



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 4018, 4/F, IFC, 1 Harbour View Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Hong Kong Station
Tel: +852 2522-5611
Website: www.shakeshack.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think