Sunday, June 18, 2017

Wolfgang's Steakhouse (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

2017 has been a pretty slow year for restaurant openings so far but things are about to look up with a number of interesting names slated to open in the next few weeks. Leading that list is Wolfgang's Steakhouse by Wolfgang Zwiener, an import from New York City that specializes in dry aged steaks and quality seafood.



I was looking for a place for my Father's Day celebration so this is just a very convenient choice for me. With 14 locations worldwide including Japan, Korea and Singapore (opening soon), Wolfgang's Steakhouse has earned their reputation as one of the top-tier American steakhouses and I'm looking forward to a great time here celebrating my first Father's Day with my little nugget.



Caesar salad ($125) - Before our steak arrived, some salad to keep our cholesterol level down. This is what a textbook Caesar should look like with freshly chopped lettuce which is nice and crisp. The crispy crouton was perfectly crunchy and the shaved parmesan was the ultimate icing on the cake.



Wolfgang's crab cake ($158) - Could this be two in a roll? You bet it was. The crispy crust of the crab cake really provided a pleasing contrast to the delectable lumps of crab meat in the middle. Unlike some places where they put mashed potato into the mix to minimize their cost, this is just fresh crab meat all the way. Very very nice.



USDA Prime Rib-eye steak ($880) - Finally, today's main event - our 700g rib-eye steak which has been dry-aged for an approximately 28 days like the rest of the steak here.



This came with a very flavorful crust. The texture was just perfect. It was tender, juicy and the flavors were developed very nicely after the dry-aging. I thought it was a little pricey but without question, very tasty and addictive.



I got the chance to check out their "old-fashioned" steak sauce too. This tasted a little like typical barbecue sauce but more on the sweet side. Not my cup of tea. Having my steak with its own jus is just fine with me.



I didn't get to try their other signature dishes like their Wolfgang's salad and grilled green asparagus (I did nail down their signature crab cake). I guess I'll have to find another excuse to come back for those in the near future.

Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 1/F Printing House, 6 Duddell Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 3990-1646
Website: www.wolfgangssteakhouse.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think