Saturday, August 22, 2015

Passion by Gérard Dubois at Metroplaza Kwai Fong (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

It's been a while since I last met up with my youngest cousin so we thought it was high time we do some catching up this weekend. After she checked out some homemade organic soaps and shampoo at the Kwai Chung Plaza, we walked around the place for a while and look what I found.



Passion by Gérard Dubois has been one of my favorite dessert place ever since they first opened in Wanchai and it was great to see that they've expanded a bit over the last few years. I have read about their new opening here in Kwai Fong but didn't know exactly where the shop was. So this was a pleasant surprise. 

I can see the place was already buzzing with people dying to have their sweet tooth fixed. This is going to be a welcome addition in the neighborhood for sure. Like me, my cousin also had a sweet tooth to fix so we quickly found ourselves a seat.

Cousin wanted to try this napoleon with custard and toffee. This was just not fair. The pastry was absolutely perfect and no complaints from me on that custard, sweet and delicate. The toffee was a little too sweet though (even for me!). 



They had a poster on the Framboise Chocolat so it's gotta be a new or promotional item right? I hope so. Look how adorable that looked!



Raspberry mousse with chocolate ganache filling and a sponge base. Not bad. I am a happy camper now.



It was great catching up with my favorite cousin. I did wish that we had a little more time to chat but I had to rush to Kwai Hing to get a birthday cake so perhaps next time, we should do dinner instead.

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 107-108, Level 1 of Metroplaza, Kwai Fong, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kwai Fong
Tel: +852 2453-9992
Website: www.passionbygd.com


1 comment:

  1. I had dinner in Kwai Fong shop today. The food was great but there are two comments for the restaurant.

    About the hygiene , I asked a Chinese staff (an old one) to clean the table. She just used the tissue but not a wet towel to clean. So it's still dirty afterwards.

    Next, the restaurant should be environmental friendly. I could see the knives n forks etc in the kitchen but the restaurant just provided some disposable ones for all customers. Why does it buy the metal ones? I did try to ask to get those in the kitchen, however, they were just too busy to answer me.
    Before I left, I wanted to tell sb senior but I couldn't spot anyone of senior grade .

    Look forward to your improvements.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell us what you think