Thursday, March 25, 2021

Ciao Chow Italian Cafeteria LKF (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I met up with my dental surgeon one last time before having my crown ready for my implant. After the brief check-up (and a long long wait), I was off and running. Since it was already lunch time, I figured I might as well have an early one first before heading back to my office.


It's been years since I last dined here at Ciao Chow Italian Cafeteria on the ground level of California Tower. They have one of the best tiramisu in town but that's all I could remember about this place.


But I wasn't picky this afternoon. Just wanted to get it over with and back to work right away.


Kale salad - I decided to start things off with something healthy. Really love the bite from the pine nuts, almonds and croutons but the acidity was a bit too overwhelming thanks to the gluey cranberry dressing. Didn't finish this one.


Obviously, my server also noticed that I didn't finish my salad so he came over and had a quick chat with me asking if everything was alright. I was up front with him by telling him that they were way too heavy-handed with the cranberry dressing. To my pleasant surprise, he decided to offer me another starter, anything from the starter menu.

I ended up picking another salad - Caesar salad and I insisted that I only needed a small portion of it.

The small Caesar was way way better. The romaine lettuce was crisp, combining well with the Parmigiano-Reggiano, Caesar dressing and pancetta. Yeah, the quail eggs weren't healthy but I could live with that once in a while.


Penne Salmone and Panna - I have been longing for some pasta all week and this was my final choice. I thought the salmon cream was really delicate and the penne perfectly al dente. They have obviously redeemed themselves after a rocky start. 


On a normal day, I would have asked for a slice of tiramisu in a heartbeat. But I decided not to do so this afternoon cuz I was supposed to eat healthy today (a self-imposed healthy meal). So when my server came over again to ask if I wanted dessert, I hesitantly rejected the idea and asked for the bill instead. 

P.S. The meal wasn't a bad one (saved by the service from my server) but for $300, there's got to be better choice out there.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: G/F, California Tower, 30-32 D'Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2344-0005
Website: www.ciaochow.com.hk
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 6:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think